DRVC 2022 offers an oppurtunities to professionals, experts and students to present their research papers on various themes on disaster. Selected papers will be allowed for shorted presentation and/or published in the proceeding volume.
The conference aims to update the knowledge base of disaster management professionals by communicating the latest practices and developments evolved in various parts of the globe. Anything and everything that qualifies in the subject of disaster management is encouraged to be discussed in the DRVC 2022.
The main theme is focused on The Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction Sub- Themes are as:
- Climate Change Impacts / Extreme Events / Resilience and Adaptation
- Global Humanitarian Emergencies
- Science and Technology in DRR
- Disaster Governance
- Public Health / Emergency Management and Medicine
- International Relations in DRR
Not restricted to the above themes. Broader areas could also be accommodated.
Abstracts not exceeding 300 words excluding primary pages, annexure and references should be emailed to the Convener at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 05 September 2022.
The abstract should use Times New Roman throughout. It should have a title (Capitalize each word, bold, font size 12), author names — please do not prefix Dr, Mr/Ms etc – (upper lower case, bold font size 12) with affiliation mentioning name of the institution and place – avoid designation — (upper lower case, font size 11). The corresponding author name should be indicated with an asterisk (superscript). Each abstract should have four to five key words (italics, font size 11). Paper title, author(s) name and their affiliation should be center aligned, body text of abstract should be justified on both sides with 1.5 line spacing and font size of the text should 12 pt. Finally a paragraph not more than 300 words summarizing the main findings and arguments of the proposed paper and it’s significance
Abstracts will be reviewed by the scientific review committee based on the themes of DRVC 2022. Acceptance will be communicated through email.
After submitting the abstract, authors are encouraged to prepare full paper not exceeding 6000 words in .doc format. Selected papers after peer-reviewing and copy-editing would be published in an ISBN volume. The references should follow the APA style. Authors will be intimated by email about paper acceptance at the earliest.
The deadline for submitting the full paper is 30 September 2022
The full paper formatted to A4 (210 mm x 297 mm) size, after having been scrutinized and accepted, will be printed, by offset process. Therefore, the text of the paper in English must confirm strictly to the following requirements and be free from errors.
- Full paper should not exceed 6000 words in .doc formats
- Font size 12pt, Times New Roman with a line space of 1.5.
- Title of the Paper should be Capitalized for each word, font size 12pt, bold with center alignment
- Author’s name should be given 12 point, Bold, Capitalize each word (Do not prefix name with Mr./Ms./Dr./Prof.)
- Affiliations (organization and place) should be in 11 point Times New Roman
- Email address
- The full paper should have a Abstract (Same as of the Abstract submitted during abstract submission time) , Keywords (Maximum 5 Words).
- The running paper should have subheading as in bold Capitalized for each word if required; Introduction, Study Area, Objectives, Review Literature, Material &; Methods or Methodology (If Flowchart in study include), Result & amp; Discussion, Conclusion, Acknowledgement, Reference (APA format) and Include Authors Contribution in the research and a brief of Author/Co-authors: Qualification, Field of expertise/specialization and a Statement declaring that the research submitted to DRVC 2022 has No Conflict of Interest between authors, affiliated organizations and any of the funding agencies/ Organization and other matters, corresponding author should state for no copyrights involved or published elsewhere in any journals/conferences or any publication agencies/Universities.
- Tables and Figures should be in the sunning text wherever required (Note: Photos/ Figures should be in good resolution/DPI)
- Example for Citation : Multiple Author = (Second Name of first Author et al., Year) and Reference = Last Name, First letter of the Author (First Author)., Last Name, First letter of the Second Author (Second Author), (Comma) Year. (Full stop) Title.(Full stop) Journal Name Volume, (Comma) Page Number. (Full stop) Link of the DOI. (Full stop).
- The above is only a subject of example no marketing intended.
- All symbols and abbreviations should be properly defined; superscripts, subscripts and ambiguous characters should be clearly indicated.
- The extended Abstracts should contain accordingly to that of Full paper and should be Minimum 3000 to 4000 words with figures and tables.
The Full Paper not conforming to the stipulated format are liable to be rejected.
Candidates will be allowed to present for 15 minutes and 5 minutes will be given for discussion. The PowerPoint presentation may carry maximum of 20 slides.